The city of Hurley in Mississippi near Jackson County is considered one of the thousands of best places to live according to the U.S. Census. A part of the Pascagoula Metropolitan Statistical Area, the city is rather conservative and has a record for a higher percentage of the Republican votes.
The Gulf Coast does not always hold bigger cities. Hurley city is registered as a census-designated place (CDP).
Amenities and Facilities
Residents and tourists take advantage of the few but memorable amenities that Hurley has to offer.
- Local golf course
- Scooter tours
- Boat tours and canoes
- Performing arts
- Local gyms
- Nightlife karaoke and bars
High Rated Schools
Parents who choose a public school in Hurley City are not disappointed. There is room for great educational opportunities for older children in high school to learn and grow.
- Students rank higher on test scores compared to other schools in the Coast.
- Schools are ranked top ten in Mississippi schools
While Hurley City is a less populated city compared to others, it is a retirement retreat for many.
- Hurley, Mississippi is a retirement community’s retreat with a population of less than one thousand.
- The average age of a resident is 52.
- The cost of living is lower than the average United States amount, making it an affordable place to live.
- Retirees enjoy the outdoor atmosphere while golfing with neighboring friends.
- Care Financial makes it easy for current or expectant residents to sign up for a retirement plan. Everyone has the option to choose from an employer-based plan, such as a 401k, that sometimes includes matching contributions, a traditional IRA with limited self contributions or a Roth IRA with fund post-taxes.
- Without a strategized retirement plan, it becomes harder to reach financial freedom and personal financial goals. Any agent will advise you that the earlier you start investing, the better.
- Every city has different environmental factors that can affect one’s overall health including things like quality of air or commuting.
- In the city of Hurley, the water quality index (not referring to faucets) is not too high nor too low. Air index quality is also ranked in the middle.
- Thus, this leaves a higher percentage of a health cost index than the U.S. average.
- To combat any health concerns, Care Financial offers long-term care insurance and cancer insurance, should one develop a chronic illness or require medical expenses with cancer diagnoses such as chemotherapy and copays. Both of these types of health insurance plans cover what basic employer insurances can’t.
If you reside in the Hurley, Mississippi area, we would love for you to obtain more information on our financial services. Care Financial is a privately owned and operated business providing families, individuals and businesses with comprehensive wealth management strategies. Contact us online at www.carefinaicialonline.com or call us at 251-633-7122.